Scattering of Ashes on the River Thames
If you would like to celebrate the life of a loved one by having a ceremony aboard one of our boats and scattering their ashes in the River Thames, we can accommodate your group on board our vessels The Guvnor, or the River Princess, according to the number of people attending. This service is provided in coordination with our partner Scattering Ashes.
The boat departs from our private base at Lambeth Pier, which is opposite the Houses of Parliament, and can sail either upriver, or downriver towards Tower Bridge. It can be hired for between 30 minutes and an hour, and will return to Lambeth Pier.
When making a booking please select your preference for weekday or weekend and also your preferred route on the river.
There is a café at the top of the pier which sells drinks and snacks if required. You come down the walkway at the side of the café, onto the pier where the boats are moored, and where our office is situated too.
- Charges for 30-60 minute hire embarking and disembarking at Lambeth Pier.
- Saturday and Sunday rates also apply to Bank Holiday Mondays and Fridays.
Please refer to the information below about how to find us
- When purchasing a package for Scattering of Ashes please select either Weekday or Weekend, and also Upriver or Downriver direction.
- For the downriver route towards Tower Bridge there is a small additional premium.
January 2022 – December 2022
Number of Passengers
Mon – Fri
Sat – Sun
30 – 50 Passengers
Getting to Lambeth Pier
- Lambeth Pier is just by Lambeth Bridge, opposite Lambeth Palace on the South side of the river. At the top of the embankment you will see a cafe… walk down the side of the cafe, down the walk-way onto the pier.
- Parking: There are pay and display bays on Lambeth High Street. At the Lambeth Bridge roundabout, turn down Lambeth Palace Road, then immediately turn right onto Lambeth High Street (which does not look like a High Street)
- From Waterloo Station: Board the 507 bus at the bus stop at the back of the station where the taxis are. This will take you directly to Lambeth Palace which is opposite our Pier – Lambeth Pier (it’s the stop after St. Thomas’s Hospital).
- From Westminster Station: Walk over Westminster Bridge and turn right along the river (away from the London Eye). It’s a 5-10 minute walk before you reach Lambeth Pier, which is just by Lambeth Bridge.
Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.