Things You Should Know…
If you are privately hiring one of our boats you will need to read these ‘Things You Should Know’.
On bank holiday weekends Saturday rates apply throughout
7 – 11 pm rates only apply to Lambeth, Westminster, Embankment and Festival Piers
All vessels fully comply with MarItime Coast Guard Agency, Safety and Insurance regulations
PIERS, EMBARKING AND DISEMBARKING
- Vessels are only allowed on the pier from 15 minutes before your official embarkation time.
- Vessels will return to the pier 15 minutes before the official disembarkation time to allow passengers time to disembark.
- Extra embarkation or disembarkation stops @ £40/200 each depending on pier.
- You can load your equipment / decorations free of charge at our Lambeth Pier base 1.5 hrs before your function starts!
- 7-11PM rates ONLY apply to Lambeth, Embankment, Westminster and Festival Piers
- To confirm the booking we require a fully completed, signed ‘Booking Form’ and 25% of the boat hire charge as a deposit.
- Full payment must be received 2 weeks before by cheque or 10 days before by cash or bank transfer directly to our account.
The Hirers are liable for any loss or damage to the vessel or equipment which is caused by a member of their party. For certain events the Company will insist on an advance damage deposit and/or the use of the Company’s own security staff. Clients are invited to inspect the vessel with the Captain, prior to embarkation, and to note any damage. They can then re-inspect the vessel with the Captain at the end of the party, when the Captain has completed the disembarkation of all the passengers.
SECURITY – We will require some clients having certain events to hire our preferred security personnel.
Full bar facilities are available on board. Please see our ‘Bar Prices List’ for prices.Boat hire fees include bar staff to serve from the bar. If you require drinks to be circulated this may require extra staff at additional cost, this service must be requested in writing in prior to the function.
BUYING DRINKS ON BOARD: Please note that we can only accept CASH PAYMENT for drinks on board the boats (we cannot accept card payment).
PLEASE NOTE THAT CLIENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING ANY DRINK ON BOARD including soft drinks and water
IF UNAUTHORISED DRINKS ARE BROUGHT ON BOARD, THE FUNCTION WILL BE TERMINATED (With the exception of corkage charged on wines and champagne which must be agreed with the office in writing in advance – see below for corkage charges)
ACCOUNT BARS: ALL ACCOUNT BARS MUST BE REQUESTED IN WRITING and a £20.00 per head deposit is payable in advance as part of your private hire invoice, with the balance being paid by cheque on board at the end of the function.
As our client, you can choose to work your Account Bar a variety of ways including for example…
a) You pay for all drinks your guests consume
b) You only pay for your guests wine /beer/soft drinks (your guests pay for their own spirits)
c) You put a fixed amount of money behind the bar for your guests. Once this is spent guests buy their own drinks
CHAMPAGNE AND WINE LIST: For private parties wine and champagne can be ordered from our ‘Thames Cruises Wine List’. Please ask for a copy.
EXTRA STAFF TO CIRCULATE DRINKS £70.00 (inc VAT) per staff for up to 4 hours
CORKAGE CHARGES for PRIVATE HIRE: We charge corkage for wine and champagne bought onboard by clients which was not ordered from our wine list through our office. Corkage charges must be paid in advance and refunds will be made after the party for any wine not consumed. For the corkage charge we supply glasses, ice, etc, & our staff will serve drinks from the bar.
Corkage Charges: per standard bottle, wine £5.00 per bottle, sparkling wine £7.00 per bottle, champagne £9.00 per bottle.
- Clients are allowed to arrange their own food on board for a set fee (£60-£185 fee depending on which boat) but are expected to clear up and put all waste and rubbish into the plastic sacks we provide. We will dispose of the sacks.
- Catering equipment will be disembarked at the same pier as the passengers and the time allowed for this is a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Preparation. Any free time given to clients for preparations on the vessel is arranged in good faith, at our discretion, but we cannot accept responsibility if this time is reduced or cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances on the day.
Noise levels from discotheques are governed by noise limiters & are under the Captain’s control at all times.
DISCO / DJ HIRE FOR 4 X HOURS
MON-THURS £265 (inc. VAT) - EACH EXTRA HOUR £65 (inc. VAT)
FRI-SUN £290 (inc. VAT) – EACH EXTRA HOUR £70 (inc. VAT)
CLIENTS OWN MUSIC Clients bringing their own musical equipment on board for a surcharge of £70 (inc VAT) are responsible for getting it on and off the vessel. Equipment will be disembarked at the same pier as the passengers. The time allowed – max. 20 mins